If you're tired of messy frosting containers that need refrigeration, you are going to LOVE Pillsbury's new Easy Frost No-Fuss Frosting! Available in a convenient aerosol can with a built-in, five-star applicator tip, No-Fuss Frosting can help you create gorgeous desserts in a flash.
I was given Decadent Chocolate Fudge and Vanilla Dream for review (there's also Velvety Cream Cheese) and my whole family not only loved the taste, but we all had fun icing our cupcakes with the easy, decorative tip.
Here are some tips direct from Pillsbury on getting the best use our of your No-Fuss Frosting:
- One 13.5-oz. can frosts about the same amount as one tub of frosting: one 13x9" cake or 18-24 cupcakes.
- You may hear a popping sound the first time you use a new can of Pillsbury® Easy Frost™ No-Fuss Frosting.
- Store and use frosting at room temperature—do not refrigerate.
- A can of Pillsbury® Easy Frost™ No-Fuss Frosting can last up to 12 months.
- No need to shake the can to dispense frosting; simply press the nozzle.
- For best results, wait until your baked goods have cooled before frosting.
- If you happen to refrigerate Pillsbury® Easy Frost™ No-Fuss Frosting, allow it to come to room temperature before using.
- Be sure to wash and completely dry the tip after each use. You can remove the tip by twisting counter-clockwise.
The Decadent Chocolate Fudge was my favorite flavor, and the 5-star tip made our cupcakes look like they just came fresh from the bakery:
But even with the easiest, mess-resistant frosting, my teenage son will find a way to make a mess. This was his cupcake just after he decorated it:
And then just a few seconds after holding it up for all to see:
...it fell down the side of our island, leaving the cupcake looking like this:
That cupcake certainly won't be winning any decorating contests! But YOURS could! Pillsbury is hosting an Easy Frost No-Fuss Frosting Challenge where your creation could win you $10,000 and a year's worth of frosting. 4 runners-up will win a gift basket full of Pillsbury baking products and a Flip Video Ultra Digital Video Camera.
Check out this video for a little inspiration:
You can get even more decorating ideas and enter your creation at PillsburyBaking.com. Contests ends February 19, 2010 (see the website for complete rules and details). Good luck!