There is one gift that Santa will be putting under our tree this year that is sure to be a big hit with our entire family - Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Illusion for Nintendo 3DS.
Disney just launched the second edition of the hit game Epic Mickey last month (the version for other gaming platforms is titled Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two) and it is already receiving rave reviews!
Created by critically acclaimed DS developer, DreamRift, under the direction of Disney Interactive's Junction Point, Disney Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion is the first ever 3DS version of the popular franchise and features a unique innovative drawing and painting function that allows players to create rough versions of objects that magically transform into classic Disney-style 2D illustrations.
Utilizing the games' unparalleled dual screen integrations, players then move their creations to the top screen where they are further transformed into full-color, fully rendered 3D visuals.
Disney Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion was created specifically for the Nintendo 3DS where "Reality is What You Paint Of It." Paying tribute to the classic Sega Genesis title "Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse," the game focuses on the fabled Castle of Illusion and its classic villainess, the evil witch Mizrabel.
Mizrabel finds herself an unwilling inhabitant of Wasteland, an alternate world filled with 80 years of forgotten Disney characters and theme park attractions. She unleashes a plot to escape using the Castle of Illusion to imprison and drain the cartoon essence from currently famous Toons. Players take on the role of Mickey Mouse who must utilize his magical brush to wield paint and thinner to confront the evil witch Mizrabel and save the day.
- Special drawing and painting function that allows players to create an interactive world using the stylus to draw objects in the bottom screen that magically transform into classic Disney 2D illustrations. Objects then can be move to the top screen where they are transformed into fully realized objects that pop off the screen in stunning 3D.
- Utilize the core "Disney Epic Mickey" gameplay mechanic of paint and thinner while playing as Mickey Mouse in an attempt to save classic Disney Toon characters.
- Engage in epic boss battles with familiar Disney villains using attacks involving the power of illusions to surprise players.
- Adventure through game levels based on animated Disney films such as "Peter Pan" and "Aladdin."
- Interaction with beloved Disney characters.
- In between adventures, develop a fortress by taking a small fort and expand it into a thriving castle.
Publisher: Disney Interactive
Developer: DreamRift in collaboration with Junction Point
ESRB Rating: E with Mild Cartoon Violence
Launch Date: November 18, 2012
Players: 1 player
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Thanks to Disney, one lucky reader of So a Blonde Walks Into a Review will win a copy of Disney Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion for Nintendo 3DS. To enter, simply leave a comment on this post stating why you'd like to win, then follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter widget below to complete your entry. There are bonus methods for entry as stated on the Rafflecopter widget.
Entry deadline is 12:00 am on Sunday, December 30, 2012. By entering, you automatically agree to all the rules and disclaimers listed here. Please also see my disclosure policy here.
For more information on and/or to purchase Disney Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion, click here.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received a complimentary "Disney Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion" Nintendo 3DS game to facilitate this review, however all opinions are mine and are not influenced by comp products and/or payment.